LIFE Followers is a project that provides its participants with unique training and personal and professional experience.
This project was born from the collaboration of the young people who signed up, institutions, associations and organizations that make it grow with the collaboration between conservation projects of the Natura 2000 Network. This same spirit is the one that involves the Citizen Science. The collaboration of thousands of anonymous people who provide data for a general interest which, in this case, the conservation of nature and the study of the populations of living species and their ecosystems.
In this way, we wanted to mention the importance that this collaboration has had (and will have) in general and in this project in particular, mentioning all the applications of citizen science that our followers have used and some interesting ones that, despite not being used, are all very useful and freely available for collaborating in the different aspects and actions for the good of the environment and living beings and the relations between them. Here is the list:
- eBird: database of bird observations that provides scientists, researchers and amateur naturalists with real-time data on the distribution and abundance of birds
- Natura Alert: identifies and reports on threats and hazards occurring within the Natura 2000 Network and Biodiversity Conservation Areas (IBAs) in Spain.
- AveFy: will help you practice identifying the songs of the birds so that you can identify them and learn more about them with images and illustrations.
- Census SEO/BirdLife:
- SOS Nidos registers the nesting sites in their neighbourhoods or villages to protect them.
- SACRE, SACIN, NOCTUA, PASER, ATLAS, PASER, Aves y Clima, Migra, etc..
We hope you enjoy them!! and above all, that you use them!